Print ISSN 1226-2536|Online ISSN 2733-8754
Editorial Board Operation Regulations
(2012.1.9. Amended. 2012.1.9. Enacted)
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1(Objective) The regulation aims at stipulating various matters regarding the operation of an editorial board of 'Korean Public Administration Review' of the Korean Association for Public Administration.
Chapter 2 The Makeup of a Board
Article 2(Makeup of Editorial Board)
- ①Editorial Board shall consist of an editor in chief, managing editor, and thirty of fewer editorial staff under the provision of <KAPA Operation Regulations> Article 24(Each Committee), Paragraph 2.
- ②Editor in chief is appointed according to KAPA's Article 11(Appointment of Executives), Paragraph 2 of ‘operation regulation’. When a total membership and the nomination committee nominate multiple candidates to the former chairman's group. Editor in chief will then be appointed at a former chairman's group meeting, and the final decision rests with the approval of the general meeting.
- ③Managing editors and the editorial staff are appointed among regular members of KAPA by the editor in chief.
Article 3(Term) Managing editor assumes its role for a period of two years in principle.
Article 4(Appointment of Managing Editor and Editorial Staff) Since managing editors and the editorial staff influences the compilation of KPAR directly, the editor in chief should appoint them considering the follows.
- 1.Incorporating diverse perspectives and varying opinions, editorial or research activities shall not be skewed towards a certain opinion or perspective.
- 2.The editorial staff should be selected evenly from all specific fields of study, preventing editorial or research activities be biased towards a certain field.
- 3.The editorial staff should show an even distribution among its population in terms of the region to ensure that editorial or research activities are not all concentrated in the Seoul region. editor in chief may seek nominations from local academies and reflect this in the appointment of the editorial staff.
- 4.The concentration of editorial staff members on certain schools or institutions should be avoided.
Article 5(Selection Criteria) The selection criteria of the editorial staff are as follows.
①among those who satisfy all of the following requirements, members who have the most published journals in KPAR during the last five years will be chosen over the other candidates.
- 1.Those with a doctorate degree
- 2.Those who are at least full-time instructors at universities or institutions of higher education comparable or at least full-time researchers at national research and development institutes or research institutes comparable.
- 3.Those who have presented at least three or more articles in nation-wide expert journals during the last five years, and who have presented at least one journal in KPAR during the last three years.
- ②The editor in chief may appoint an editorial staff member among those who achieved notable research accomplishment or those who have been recognized to have exceptional research ability despite the regulation of Item 1 of Paragraph 1 if judged necessary by the editor in chief according to Article 4. However, Item 1 of Paragraph 1 must be met in this case as well.
Chapter 3 Tasks and Management
Article 6(Task) The committee performs tasks as follows according to Article 29(Editorial Board), Paragraph 1 of ‘operation regulation'
- ①Review of the contributed journals, compilation, and publication
- ②Publication of critical materials relevant to the compilation
- ③Other various matters that are acknowledged to be needed for achieving the editorial board's objective.
- ①The editorial board is convened by the chairman when judged necessary by the chairman or requested by a majority of the editorial staff according to Article 25(Management of Each Committee), Paragraph 2 of ‘Operation regulation’.
- ②According to Article 25(Operation of Each Committee), Paragraph 1 of ‘Operation regulation’, the chairman assumes the chair. However, at the time of an accident, the rest of the executive directors will act on behalf of the chair in order of age.
- ③The committee appoint and commission reviewers in order to review the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript contributed to KPAR and decides on the acceptance or rejection based on comments that reviewers made.
- ④The committee shall appoint a chief editor to perform the tasks of the committee.
Article 8(Approval) The decision of the committee will be made when a majority of registered members are present and a majority vote of those present.
- 1.The regulations apply from the 9th of January, 2012
- 2.Issues excluded in the regulations shall be discussed and decided by the editorial board.