Print ISSN 1226-2536|Online ISSN 2733-8754
Article 1(Definition) The association defines plagiarism as misappropriation of another person's intellectual property without due reference whether it is intentional or due to negligence.
Article 2(Type) The association stipulates the following two forms as a typical act of plagiarism.
- ①Misappropriating ideas, logic, unique descriptive language, data, analysis system of the authorship without providing appropriate references.
- ②Verbatim duplication of substantial parts of another's articles or writings including textual copying of sentences, words, ideas, and data with references but without quotation marks.
- ①If plagiarism is suspected in research results published by 'KPAR' or in research manuscripts under review, KPAR's editorial board is responsible for confirmation of plagiarism and plagiarized parts of the accused manuscript.
- ②Article 3, Paragraph 1 shall apply to proceedings of the conference, but in this case, the research committee is responsible for confirmation of plagiarism and plagiarized parts of the accused manuscript.
- ①Sanctions will be imposed for the author and his or her article that is confirmed to have plagiarized another's work. A type of sanction will be contingent upon the seriousness of plagiarism.
- 1.a ban on the submission to KPAR up to five years
- 2.Formal retraction of the journal from the Internet KPAR.
- 3.Public announcement of the act of plagiarism on the KAPA homepage and also on the first KPAR journal issued after the act is confirmed.
- 4.Notification of the author's act of plagiarism addressed to the author's institute.
- ②Article 4, Paragraph 1 shall apply when plagiarism is confirmed in proceedings of the conference. Sanctions in this case, which are contingent upon the seriousness of the act of plagiarism, are like below.
- 1.A ban on giving a presentation at KAPA conferences for up to three years.
- 2.Formal retraction of the article from the Internet proceedings of conferences.
- 3.Public Announcement of the act of plagiarism in the material in which the journal was included, on the KAPA homepage like below.
“Proceeding of the Oth Conference: O(Proceedings Oth volume, pp.00-00) was retracted as it has been confirmed that it plagiarized another's work.”
- 4.A written apology by a plagiarist
Article 5((Duplicate Publication)
- ①Duplicate publication, which is to reuse substantial parts of his or her own published work including copying large chunks of texts, ideas, data, and so forth without providing the appropriate references is also subject to sanctions.
- ②Sanctions on plagiarism shall apply in the case of duplicate publication. However, the level of sanctions upon duplicate publication that took place before the amendment of regulations could be adjusted given the circumstances at the time.
- 1.The regulations apply from the 13th of December, 2008.
- 2.Issues excluded in the regulations shall be discussed and decided by the editorial board.